Missouri TMJ Treatment Services
For years, the professionals with the PRECiDENT Center for Facial and Dental Medicine have provided Missouri TMJ treatment services that have changed patient’s lives. Our TMJ treatment services in Missouri will relieve your discomfort and dramatically improve the quality of your life.
How to Tell if You Need Help With TMJ Disorder
Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) can cause a variety of symptoms, some of which may be severe. Here are some signs that you may need Missouri TMJ treatment services:
- Pain or discomfort: Pain or discomfort in your jaw joint, face or neck can be a sign of TMJ disorder. Visit PRECiDENT Center for Facial and Dental Medicine to see if you may need TMJ treatment services in Missouri.
- Difficulty chewing: TMJ disorder can make it difficult to chew or bite down without experiencing pain or discomfort.
- Headaches: Frequent headaches or migraines may be a sign you could benefit from TMJ treatment services in Missouri. The pain may be located in the temples or around the eyes, and can be accompanied by facial pain or jaw stiffness.
- Ear pain or ringing: TMJ disorder can cause ear pain, a sensation of fullness in the ear, or ringing in the ears. You may also experience dizziness or vertigo.
- Clicking or popping in the jaw: If you hear strange sounds when you open or close your mouth, that can be a sign of TMJ disorder. The sounds include popping and clicking.
- Locking of the jaw: If your jaw locks or becomes stuck when opening or closing your mouth, this can be a sign you need treatment.
- Teeth grinding or clenching: TMJ disorder can cause teeth grinding or clenching, especially at night. This can lead to tooth wear, cracks or chips.
- Changes in bite: If you notice anything different in the alignment or your teeth, or if your bite feels off, this may be a sign of TMJ disorder.
Consult with a dental professional who specializes in TMJ disorders to get an accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment plan. With the right treatment, most people can find relief from their symptoms.
Learn more about our Missouri TMJ treatment services by contacting the PRECiDENT Center for Facial and Dental Medicine online or calling (479) 755-3000.