Fayetteville Wisdom Teeth Removal
At the PRECiDENT Center for Facial and Dental Medicine, we perform Bentonville wisdom teeth removal on a regular basis. The procedure can be performed by a general dentist or oral surgeon and is typically done under local anesthesia. If you’re planning to have this procedure, it’s only natural that you’d want to know what you can expect during wisdom teeth removal in Bentonville AR. Here’s some information to give you a good idea of what will happen.
- Consultation: Prior to the Bentonville wisdom teeth removal procedure, you’ll have a consultation with your dental professional. During this visit, they will examine your teeth, take x-rays, and discuss your medical history to determine the best course of action.
- Anesthesia: To ensure your comfort during your wisdom teeth removal in Bentonville AR, your dental professional will administer local anesthesia to numb the area around the wisdom teeth. In some cases, general anesthesia may be used to put you to sleep.
- Incision: Once the anesthesia has taken effect, we’ll make an incision in the gum tissue to expose the wisdom tooth and the surrounding bone.
- Removal: Using specialized instruments, your surgeon will remove the wisdom tooth from the socket. In some cases, the tooth may need to be divided into smaller pieces to make removal easier.
- Closure: After wisdom teeth removal in Bentonville AR, the dental professional will clean the socket and place gauze over the area to control bleeding. In some cases, stitches may be used to close the incision.
- Recovery: You’ll then be monitored in the recovery area until the effects of the anesthesia wear off. We’ll give you easy-to-follow instructions on post-surgical care.
- Pain management: It’s normal to experience some pain, swelling, and discomfort after wisdom teeth removal. We may prescribe pain medication or recommend over-the-counter options to manage your pain and reduce inflammation.
An expert with the PRECiDENT Center for Facial and Dental Medicine will be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding Bentonville wisdom teeth removal. Get in touch by calling (479) 755-3000 or contacting us online.