Back in Time and into the Future of Dentistry
COURSE AUTHOR: Holly Moons, CRDH
CE CREDITS: 1.0
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assistant Students
DATE LIVE ONLINE LAUNCH: March 10th, 2021
COURSE FEE: Free
Taking a humorous look at the past and seeing how far we have come in dentistry provides ample evidence for how resilient the dental community can be.
Examining our responsibilities for maintaining safety with respect to bloodborne pathogens and now elevating that responsibility to include airborne pathogen protection. We will present current requirements, identify possible solutions and discuss test results related to products that might be used to achieve this level of safety right now.
Anticipating the future, in order to continue to maintain patient safety and mitigate threats from COVID or other infection challenges, while providing the best possible experience and outcomes for patients.
Upon completion of this CE Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Connect with the past to measure progress and innovativeness in the fields of science and dentistry
- Show that dentistry can continue safely with integrity
- Review Harrel and Molinari’s defense strategies against aerosols
- Explain why the oral environment can be a source for viral load
- Discuss how to individually test and evaluate the best HVE options
- Propose what the future of dentistry might look like